Wednesday, August 10, 2011

change...

every time I think about making changes in my life -- food, style, organization, spiritual practice -- I get very scared. I am afraid of peace. I am afraid of what I will lose by making the change. and so, I get loads of ideas, I read magazines and books and websites, and it seems like nothing is ever any different. Why? because even though I know in my brain what a good idea such and such thing might be, when it comes time to actually do something, or more often, when I get stressed or tired or busy, I revert to doing what I've always done. Eating entire bags of rice cakes, drinking coffee, letting laundry pile up so that I have seven loads to do, letting my desk get covered with papers, showing up to work with only a germ of an idea of what I'm teaching that day.

How do you change?

What do you do to goad yourself to move forward and blossom and DO IT THIS WAY, THIS TIME?

I'll be 35 in less than two weeks. While I'm much more of a competent, capable adult than I ever thought possible at 21, I know I have more to offer this world. There is way more amazing stuff that I could do, could give, even though I am just this little, habit-bound individual.

share your stories with me, please.

No comments: