Tuesday, February 20, 2007

emailed post

Before I continue my story, I thought I would try out this new way to post, as my usual browser does not like to talk to the blogger login page.

My morning conference has been postponed, and this is parent-teacher conference week, so I am enjoying a morning at home as I make my plans for this blog. Ugh, what a name, "blog." A log is the journal of a ship's movements, or of a pilot's flights. A weblog is ostensibly a record of one's life, published on the world wide web.

I have an ulterior motive here, gentle reader. I am working towards a
Master's degree in Waldorf education, and to that end, I am beginning a "themed journal". The theme of this journal? It is, "Instilling a Love of Reading: How I helped my students learn to read, and how I am supporting them in their love of literature." I will give some background about myself and about Dr. Steiner's indications for the teaching of reading, as well as a sketch of each child in my class, his or her journey to joyful reading, and my research on the topic. I hope to include my own observations and those of my colleagues.

In the summer, this journal will focus on my preparations for the coming year, my ongoing training, and my reflections on my work over the last five and a half years.

Please feel free to comment -- I look forward to many healthy discussions and debates!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
there is a blessing in the air
that seems a sense of joy to yield
to the bare trees, and mountains bare
and grass in the green field.
-- wordsworth

No comments: